Wednesday, July 27, 2011

baby burd- 6 months!

We are closer than half-way to meeting Presley and we can't wait! Here are the current happenings with our sweet baby girl...

  • Our last doctors appointment was a couple weeks ago, but we didn't get an ultrasound : ( It was really the quickest appointment ever. They checked the baby's heart beat, measured my belly, checked my weight and blood pressure, and I was out the door! My bp was a little high but the doc didn't seem too concerned. Since then, Lori came over to check my bp again and it's back normal. So all is good and healthy with baby and mama. 

  • Presley and I were in Orlando last week with my dad and Frankie. We had a great time! But I have to say, the combination of high temperatures and lots of theme park walking was a hard task for a preggo. I drank lots of water which led to lots of bathroom breaks and took lots of rest breaks while dad and Frankie rode rides.

  • On a couple of our less active days in Orlando we hit up the outlet malls : ) Can I just say, shopping for clothes when you are pregnant is NO fun! There's something not so appealing about shopping for clothes in bigger sizes than you would normally need. So instead I shopped for baby clothes! Because even the biggest sizes in those are oh-so-cute! Dad and Frankie had fun shopping for baby clothes too, we all picked out a couple of our favorite little numbers...

Frankie's picks: a teeny tiny bikini, a summer romper, and because she wants Pres to take after her, a pair of sweat pants

Dad's picks: a cute pink ensemble, elephant footie jammies, and a little hoodie & skirt outfit for when she hits the tennis court

My picks: a pair of cool flared jeans and a pair of baby jeggings, do you just die over how cute these are?!

and a little sailor girl jumper and the most adorable pink rosette dress


  • While we were in Orlando I started feeling the baby kick from the outside! Throughout the week whenever I'd feel her kick I'd grab Frankie's hand and to let her feel it. Of course the second she put her hand on my belly, Presley would stop. Finally on the flight back home, she was able to feel the little stinker kickin'! Since being home, Presley has been a dancing queen! The other night I was sitting on the couch and could feel she was moving so I lifted up my shirt and just watched my belly thump up and down : ) It's amazing to see and feel her moving around in there. It's also so reassuring to know she's happy and healthy in there!

  • Oh and one more thing... I'm huge! I know I've been going on all this time about how big I'm getting but looking back at pictures even up to just 2 weeks ago, I feel like I've really "popped"! I know I'm just 6 months and will only get bigger, but there has been substantial growth in the past couple weeks.

it may look like I'm carrying high, whatever that even means, but I assure you that belly if full from top to bottom. I'm barely 5 feet tall so this baby's got no where to go but out! That's my theory and I'm stickin to it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that bikini! Go Tita Harry Potter!